We are committed to keep our website secure. However, we ask you to recognise that information provided by you to us through our website or when you ask us to send your Personal Data via email or any other electronic means of communication may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
User-supplied information through registration, surveys, polls or other similar vehicles found in our website are utilised to improve the content of our website and overall customer experience. It is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes unless specifically stated.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
At Browhaus, the confidentiality and importance of your Personal Data are our utmost concern; we are therefore committed in protecting your Personal Data privacy with care and in accordance with the statutory provisions. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Data to us when using our website, mobile and other services, we provide this notice outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your Personal Data is being collected and used by us.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We request information from you in several areas of our website, mobile services and other channels including in-store, which may be used to personally identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data that we receive and process will vary, depending on the types of products and services requested by you and may include but not limited to the followings:
- Your personal information such as your name, gender, date of birth, passport or other personally identifiable number and information about your registered status with any of our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates;
- Your contact information such as your telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses, and fax numbers;
- Your credit or debit card information and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
- Your business information such as company name, business title and associated contact information;
- Your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us or on our behalf.
- Your Personal Data provided by governmental agencies, regulatory and statutory authorities,
- Your Personal Data provided by you such as comments, queries or messages that you may submit to Browhaus in whatever manner,
- Other data from publically available sources.
We acknowledge that the provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, should you decide not to provide us with your Personal Data (particularly relating to your personal information, contact information and past medical history) or should you provide insufficient or inaccurate information or decline to provide obligatory information requested by us, we may not be able to process your requirements and deliver or provide you the products or services you request whether partially or in full.
PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA ARE COLLECTED AND USED
We may use the Personal Data you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
- For your use of the online services available at any of our websites and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- For the supply of any products and/or services which we may offer to you or you may require from us from time to time including text message (SMS) alerts;
- For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on latest offers and promotions in connection with our products and services and conducting market research;
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To contact you regarding your enquiries;
- To administer contests and sweepstakes conducted by us or on our behalf;
- To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Singapore;
- To facilitate the payment for products and services provided by us or our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates including verification of credit card details with third parties and using the Personal Data you provide to conduct matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
- To improve our security, including in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
We may from time to time use aggregate non-identifying information about our customers to better design our website and/or to improve our services and products. This means we may provide this information to third parties. However, this information will never identify any single user in particular. Except as provided below, we will not knowingly or intentionally use or share the Personal Data you provide to use in ways unrelated to the aforementioned purposes without your prior consent.
HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subjected to the exception provided under the GDPR law, you can obtain information about your Personal Data stored by Browhaus and, may request access to any Personal Data stored about you and request for correction, updating, deletion or disabling of the your Personal Data at any time. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data, or if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, incomplete or ceased to be true, or if you believe that the Personal Data held by us was used beyond the scope of the purpose of use disclosed above or was acquired by fraudulent or unlawful means or provided to a third party without your prior consent, please write to us at the address below.
Any queries, complaints, objections or request for access or correction to, or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by us, or should you wish to limit the processing of your Personal Data, or to withdraw any voluntary consent provided by you, must be in writing and sent to us via postal mail at the following address:
330 Kings Road
We reserve a right to impose a reasonable fee as permitted under law for the processing of any data access request. We have the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for reasons permitted under law.
Two types of cookies are used on the Sites:
Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website contains links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different contents, securities and privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over Personal Data that you submit to or receive from these third parties and are not responsible for any Personal Data which you may submit outside of our website.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol – an industry standard for encryption over the Internet – to protect in transmission the Personal Data we collect online. When you type in sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet. All electronic Personal Data that we maintain is securely stored and further protected through our use of appropriate access controls. When disposing of Personal Data, paper documents containing Personal Data are securely destroyed, and electronic files storing Personal Data are permanently deleted.
As stated above, in some instances we may entrust Personal Data to third party service providers (including service providers outside of your jurisdiction), binding them to protect the security of Personal Data and only to use it for the purposes we specify.
DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
In addition, we may disclose and transfer Personal Data to and jointly use Personal Data with (whether within or outside of your jurisdiction) our subsidiaries, associated companies, business associates, service providers, and other persons who we consider appropriate, in connection with the services and products provided to or requested by you. We may disclose this information to facilitate communication of news and information about such services and products and otherwise for the purposes mentioned above, under “Purpose for which the Personal Data are Collected and Used.”
The entities with whom we may share your Personal Data include but are not limited to:
- Browhaus and its subsidiaries and related companies;
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Browhaus and its subsidiaries in connection with the operation of its business;
- Other business associates such as loyalty program operators and other companies involved in providing customer service or fulfilling customer requests;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Credit, debit and /or charge card companies and/or banks;
- Government or non-government authorities, agencies and/or regulators;
- Medical professionals, insurers and clinics/hospitals.
Where permitted by applicable local law, we may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties: (i) when required by law, by court order, or in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry; (ii) to an investigative body; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; (iv) when requested by other government or law enforcement authorities; (v) with your express consent, or, (vi) pursuant to our good faith belief that disclosure is required by law or otherwise necessary to the establishment of legal claims or defenses, to obtain legal advice, to exercise and defend our legal rights, to protect our rights or property and those of our subsidiaries or associated companies, or to protect the life, body or property of an individual. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing the Personal Data is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
We may also transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Browhaus or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Please be advised that the Personal Data that Browhaus collects or obtains may be transferred to jurisdictions that offer lesser protection of Personal Data than that provided in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal information to Browhaus or its related associates’ website, you understand and consent to such transfer.
Occasionally, we may use your personal data (including your name and contact details) to send you marketing communications such as emails containing news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers. However, we will first obtain your consent before doing so. Please see below on how to provide us with your consent.
We may also provide your personal data (including your name and contact details) to third parties including our marketing partners, travel service partners for the purpose of marketing their products and services to you. Again, we will only do this if you provide us with your consent.
You may indicate your consent to the above by the following ways:
when providing us with your personal data through our website or a form, ticking boxes indicating your consent;
when providing us with your personal data through the telephone, tell our customer representative that you consent; or
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by:
following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications; writing to us at the address listed above; or Any personal data provided to or gathered by Spa Esprit Group is controlled primarily by Spa Esprit Group Pte Ltd.
RETENTION OF DATA